Monday, March 05, 2007

Future Jones Assures Us All "I Will Rock You!" And in other news...

My dear comedy fiend, Chris Bonno would like you to know that-

This Wednesday I'll be doing snippets from my act online at http://www.theointment.com Check it out.

Also, here are some upcoming dates-(You can also go to http://www.myspace.com/bonno to check out my calendar. It's a good way to take a look at what's goin on currently if you're into it. Also, feel free to check out some of my blogs. They're available for viewing by non-myspace members... Here are the dates!)

Thursday March 8, 2007-
My return to the coffee house scene. FREE.
9:00pm - 10:45pm
Karma Coffeehouse
1544 N.Cahuenga Blvd (X st. Selma)
City: Hollywood, CA
Zip: 90028
323-460-4188

Thursday March 22, 2007-
Tampa Bay Performing Arts Center w/Hal Sparks
Stand-up with Hal Sparks & Matt Weinhold in Ferguson Hall
8:00pm - 9:00pm
Tampa Bay Performing Arts Center
1010 N WC MacInnes Place
Tampa, FL
$22.75-24.50
Call 800-955-1045 for tickets
(813)222-1000 for info.

Saturday March 24, 2007-
Hard Rock Live Orlando, Florida
Standup Performing with Hal Sparks and Matt Weinhold
8:00pm - 10:00pm
Hard Rock Hotel Orlando, Florida
6050 Universal Blvd
Orlando, Florida 32819
Box office (407) 351-LIVE (5483)
http://www.ticketmaster.com/venue/10650

Letters, I get letters. Just look at this one from the best hair in comedy, Mr. Lord Carrett...

Hi Gang: It's been awhile since my LA e-mail list got any love, so I'm sending you some, along with word of an upcoming date in Ventura May 11 & 12 (possibly with my old pal Blaine, if things workout!)

First of all, my site has been revamped since my last masse-mail. PLEASE play LORD CARRETT'S IMPOSSIBLY HARD ROCK & ROLLTRIVIA GAME if you have the time: http://www.LordofLaughs.com

and the big news is I'm a featured comic on myspace!

But, things have been going well ever since! I've signed with an agency, I'm playing NYC clubs including CAROLINE'S (thanks to my OTHER pal, Patton!) GOTHAM and THE COMIC STRIP and recently got some good exposure from The Wall Street Journal: http://www.punchlinemagazine.com/index.php?page=lord_carrett_of_human_bondage_90023467

Clips at: http://lordoflaughs.com/press.htm

and a newer clip at: http://comedynet.com/content_detail.html?cid=478

I hope to see you all (alright--just the sexy ones) at Comedy Esquire May 11-12.

Yer Pal,

Lordy

Thanks Lordy. Now, I know what you're thinking. "Hey, Mr. J, it's nice to know about your comedy fiends, their gigs, and their personal problems...

...BUT WHAT ABOUT YOUR BROTHER????"

Glad you asked. Maestro?

Issue one of "BREAKFAST OF THE GODS" rolls on towards its end with the newly posted Page 28! As if that weren't exciting enough, you'll also notice on that page my blurb about the biggest news in the life of moi to come down the pike in a while, namely that I'm hittin' the highway and leaving California for good.

"WHAT?", I hear you gasp, "Was it something we said?"

No, li'l campers, I've just been itching for a good long while to move someplace a little different, a little less ...here. Portland's the destination and I'll be heading out at the beginning of April. No, I don't have any golden opportunity awaiting me, I just like that town. Plus, I've got a couple of old friends living up there who will make it a little less daunting.

As money is always an issue where I'm concerned, you'll also notice that my blurb mentions donations. As much flight time as the seat of my pants have logged, I'm hoping to make my way with enough of a cushion so I won't have to turn to prostitution once I get there - at least not immediately.I appreciate any donations, advice, well wishes and last-ditch sexual advances (yes, it always comes back to that) the collective "you" would like to proffer before the big day.

And, rest assured, there will be some "going away/birthday party/fund raiser event" the weekend of March 24th so I hope to see the collective "you" there.

In the meantime, enjoy page 28!http://www.webcomincsnation.com/poyorick/botg/series.php

your wayfaring pal,

Brendan

That's my brother.

Dignity. Always dignity.

READING/WATCHING/LISTENING...

1) "Soon I Will Be Invincible!"by Austin Grossman . The latest in the pomo trend of fiction that deconstructs Comic Books and Super Heroes (see also "The Fortress Of Solitude" , "It's Superman" and "The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay"), "...Invincible!" tells the story of the search for the missing Superman-ish "Corefire" from the perspectives of "Dr. Impossible" (Corefire's arch-nemesis) and "Fatale" (a bionic woman hero who has just joined Corefire's former super-team "The Champions"). Perhaps the most overtly fanboy fiction to come out, this novel manages to walk a very fine line between affectionate send-up and melancholy examination of heroes and villains. Worth it for the title alone.

2)"Babel"directed byAlejandro González Iñárritu. One of the most brutal films I've seen in a while, this modern fable on the need for real communication in our global village has a powerful impact that stays with you long after you close your laptop. Okay, maybe you won't be watching it on your laptop, and probably you won't be freaking out about the kids in the film (all of the children/teens in this film will break your heart, especially if you have kids yourself) like old "cries-like-a-girl" Jones did, but you should check out the film that should've gotten Best Picture this year. (Yes, I know, Scorsese deserves his award, but "The Departed" winning is like "Cape Fear" or "After Hours" winning. Good yes. But not "King Of Comedy"/"Last temptation..."/"Taxi Driver"/"Raging Bull" good. Begin the hating now.)

3) "Company (2006 Broadway Revival Cast) "Stephen Sondheim (Composer). After last year's revival of "Sweeney Todd", the director (John Doyle) announced that he would mount this new revival of "Company" with the same concept he had in "Sweeney..."- All of the actors would be the musicians as well. What could have been written off as a sophomore slump from a one-trick pony becomes a style that may be the next evolutionary step after Brecht. What could be more theatrical in a musical than having the actors play their own accompianment (sp.?)? The first great CD I've gotten this year.

And how's your post-Oscar week?

2 comments:

Mona Buonanotte said...

20 Bonus Points for the "Singin' in the Rain" reference!

Ta-te-ti-to-tu....

You gots yourself a Movie Stah there, Mr. Jones! Does he charge for autographs?

your fiend, mr. jones said...

"20 Bonus Points for the "Singin' in the Rain" reference!

Ta-te-ti-to-tu...."

If you think that's worth twenty points wait'll I trot out my "Bandwagon" references...

"You gots yourself a Movie Stah there, Mr. Jones! Does he charge for autographs?"

Please don't encourage my repressed Kit Culkin urges.
;>