Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Future Jones Must Learn To Roll Over During Tummy Time! also...

This was sent in by one "Burnsy", who claims to be one of my oldest fiends from Houston. If only my early onset Alzheimer's would allow to me remember...

Sigh. Anyhoos, I do remember funny fiend Vance Sanders, open mike entepreneuer (if by "entepreneuer" you mean, "one who does not make money from said enterprise"), and heartily endorse the benefit mentioned below (as usual the italics belong to me!)...


Vance Sanders Benefit Show June 6th @ Westwood Brewing Company

==============================================

As some of you may know, Vance Sanders had surgery recently for his hacky one-man show topic: prostate cancer.Vance has run an open mic in LA for something like 12 years and many comics have worked out material there for years.As he recoups, unable to work and because of some ridiculous child labor laws his kids can't work. Robert Yasumura has organized a benefit that will take place on June 6th at the Westwood Brewco. Booking is still being finalized, but currently Zach Galfianakis will be performing, among others.There is a Myspace page for the open mic, "Open Mic of Love", which will be used to promote the benefit and keep folks up on the show once Vance is back in action.

One could do a lot worse than helping the man who helped bring my wife and me together, helped design our wedding invitations, and DJ'd our reception!

1 comment:

Pisser said...

Dag. That's a lot of talent.

I'm glad I have no prostate now.